Project: G.T.3 Electrical Reinforcement
Client: Rio Tinto Alcan
Location: Lynemouth Smelter, Northumberland
G & B Civil Engineering Limited competitively tendered for these works which consisted of:
- Design of new grid transformer base, access road, cable management system and other associated works
- Construction of grid transformer base and bund walls to form a water retaining reinforced concrete structure.
- Construction of new macadam access road & associated drainage works
- Construction of cable management system to carry cable trefoil to the existing switchroom.
- Constraints within the site boundary consisted of National Grid 132kV overhead electric cables to the eastern boundary, the harmonic filter compound to the northern boundary, BT trunk line to the western boundary, numerous underground services supplying gas, water, electric & data.